Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 11: Faith & Trust


Day Eleven

Faith & Trust

I applied for a highly competitive job with a well known agency several months ago. It is not that I am eager to leave the home. I love being with our children. It’s just that the military is down sizing and our future is uncertain. In addition, this position is a once in a life time kind of job.

I have gone through a variety of emotions and thoughts over the last few months. One that seems to keep creeping in is the feeling of incompetence on my part. I am qualified on the most basic level for this position. There are others who are even more qualified than I am. Their applications are most likely dotted with a variety of qualifications that include combat time and physics or high level math degrees, none of which do I have. In fact, everyone that I have talked to has said to me that this job  would be perfect for me and I would be perfect for it. I agree, which is why I applied. That however has not stopped that nagging little voice in the back of my mind from telling me that I am so much less qualified than all the other candidates. I have to remind myself that my God is bigger than all that. It is not about qualifications with Him. It is about a person’s heart and where they fit into His plan for this huge world we live in.

I am trusting God on this. I do really want the job. If I don’t get it, I will be a little disappointed. At the same time, I know that God has a plan for each and everyone of us. I just have to keep moving forward in the way that I believe God to be leading me and He will show me the way.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” – Jeremiah 22:11 (KJV)

God, thank You for directing my path. Help me to continue listening to You and seeking out Your will for my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment