Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 14: Doing it Alone


Day14: Doing it Alone

Fourteen years ago, I shared a room and a bed with another girl for the summer. It was tough at times but we were doing missions work in the Republic of Georgia so it was the only option (there was only 1 bed). It has been nearly a decade since I last spoke to Jan. We have kept up with each other through today’s social media. Rarely does she post updates but today, God reminded me through her that even though I am a Marine Corps wife, I must still trust God.

Today, Jan’s post read, “I have always had a war going on in my head against this thought of having to do everything on my own ... But God specifically reminded me today that I am not alone ... He has already gone before me and is always with me.”

Many times when my husband is gone, I have to do things on my own. This deployment is especially challenging now that we have children. Before, handling things on my own, was all the same old things I had always done as an adult. Now I handle things not only for me but for our entire family. It is a huge responsibility and the first time I ever felt concern for myself at home when Clif was leaving. Usually my concern has been for his safety and after he leaves just sadness for missing him. This time, I thought, “I am going to be here all alone. I am going to have to take care of our children by myself. Can I do it? Will I lose it?”

At the beginning of the deployment, I volunteered for VBS. Vacation Bible Schools theme this year was, “Trust God.” My 4 year old now goes around singing, “It doesn’t matter who you are, you can trust God”, all the time. I am seeing a theme that God continues to throw out there for this deployment. “Trust me.”


“In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”
Isaiah 25:8-10

Heavenly Father, Help me to find the faith I need to trust You. Soemtimes I just want to grab the reins and do things my way. Looking back though, Your way is always so much better.

Group Publishing for the song (Sky theme)

No comments:

Post a Comment