Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 15: Gifts


Day 15: Gifts

Last night, our son had a near 104 degree temperature. I was up most of the night with him. I was constantly trying to cool him off and lower his temperature. There was very little rest. I have so much house work and home work that needs to be done. I am working on this book. The children keep me busy doing things for them. Often times at night, I feel guilty though. For all these things I am doing every day, I am spending little time really being with my children. I am here in the physical sense but they don’t get mom all day to play with or talk to.

God continues to remind me how important the children are. I know they are only small like this for a short time. I don’t want to miss it by being so busy doing things, even things for them, that I forget to enjoy them. They are so funny and energetic. I love to watch them but getting caught up in other things is not uncommon.

Other people and our relationships with them really are gifts from God. Remember Adam in the garden of Eden? What was the big gift that God gave him besides life? Companions! Adam first found companionship in the animals and next in a Eve. Loneliness, is therefore natural. We have been given a gift in all our relationships. I have to ask myself, “How am I treating these precious gifts from God?”

“They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.” Psalm 37:26

God, thank you for the gifts You have given me. Help me to notice them and cherish each one. Help me to view myself and the people around me just as important as the items on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment